The longer you are out of college, the less relevance the "Education" section has. In fact, some employers do not even look at GPAs after your first job. Depending on your seniority, the position of this section can differ:
- Undergrads: "Education" section is still considered pretty relevant and for most undergrads this section should be placed the top of the resume since it has high relevance to your ability to perform. The exception is that if you have impressive internship experiences and/or projects, then those sections can go above.
- Senior Software Engineers and beyond: "Education" can be shifted to the bottom since your recent work experience is way more relevant and affects your ability to perform more than the class you took more than a decade ago which you probably don't remember much of.
✅ You think I will reveal it on the client side
I am not that dumb nor am I that lazy. Or am I?
❌ Just purchase something
You won't regret it.
Software Engineer Resume References and Handbook package
- Full access to Resume Handbook
- 3x Resume templates
- 3x Resume references
- 1x Cover letter template
- Full access to Resume Checklist
- Lifetime access to our resume portal where you can download your purchased materials
- Free updates